Cybertruck is Tesla’s Apple Lisa: new tech in a model with poor price / performance will be reused in more successful models.
Also like NeXT: design curator gets high on his own farts, demands shell of pointlessly posh material which makes product a bad deal. Core tech reused elsewhere.
Next-gen tech (for Tesla):
- 800V main battery
- 48V electricals
- 4680 cells
- Steer-by-wire (usable yoke)
- Rear steering (nimbler big EV)
- V2L (powers home)
- Bigger 18.5” screen
Experience forming stainless will be wasted there, could be reused at SpaceX.
As a product, it’s a d-bag / prepper SUV in the Hummer / G-wagon niche, with a market of Elon and other insecure bros. A penis extender with a range extender.
- HEPA filter hyped as “bioweapon defense”
- Uselessly proof against arrows and low-velocity bullets, but not the windows or tires
- Elon brags you’ll destroy other cars in a collision, which is about his maturity level
They were so afraid of boos, they didn’t mention price and range at the delivery event after their big specs miss.